Our Mothers’ Day Gift Guide
Someone once said, “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” A friend that dear and special deserves to be remembered. Sunday, May 14th is Mothers’ Day, and we have gifts to show your love and appreciation for your forever friend.
Books to Inspire Mom
My Cup of Tea is a tea shop, not a bookstore, but we can’t think of anything better than curling up with a soothing cup of tea and a book that inspires. We offer a carefully curated list of books meant to enhance your spiritual life and bring joy to everyday living. Here is a short list of books we recommend for moms.
One Minute Prayers for Women – Gift Edition. This delightful collection
of one-minute talks with God will help Mom share her heart’s desire to walk with Jesus, grow spiritually strong, reach out to others, and find comfort.
Garden Maker – If your mom loves to garden or wants to learn more about it, this is the book for her. Much more than a how-to flower
gardening book (though you will learn how to), Garden Maker is for those who want to grow beautiful things that reflect the glory and majesty of the Creator and bring a little bit of heaven down to earth.
- Celebrate with Sprinkles – Does your mom love a great party? Far beyond birthdays, certified celebrator Brittany Young will show you how to make every day a special occasion and bring fun and joy into your home. Whether you’re looking for entire themes or that one amazing, icing-on-the-cake idea to push your next get-together over the top, you’ll find it here.
- Growing Strong – This one is for mothers who enjoy physical fitness or who want to become healthier. For years, Cambria Joy struggled with self-image and how to make her dual pursuits of faith and fitness fit together. Maybe you can relate. Everything changed one day when she decided she was tired of looking in the mirror and started looking solely toward God.
- Teatime Discipleship – If your mom enjoys sharing her faith with others, Sally Clarkson tells how a shared cup of tea can impact a heart. These simple moments of hospitality become poignant opportunities for women to support each other in faith while drawing nearer to God.
If your mother is a tea lover or just wants to experiment, we have all the accessories she will need to steep that perfect cup of tea for herself or to share when you visit. Try these gifts to bring a smile to her face and a brightness in her eyes.
Tealyra PLUTO Teapots - The pot is made of high-quality porcelain, which is ideal for brewing the most aromatic and tasty pot of tea. Each pot comes with an easy-to-use, removable, stainless steel infuser. These pots are perfect for a tea-for-two and come in five vibrant colors.
- Signature Mug -- Our signature ceramic mug designed by our friends at Belltower Coffeehouse & Studio is comfortable to hold and keeps your beverage hot longer. It is microwave and dishwasher safe. Buy the mug only or the gift set. The gift set comes wrapped with 10 multi-steep teabags and honey spoons. Our mugs come in ten colors and varieties.
- Hummingbird Mug and Infuser – Make steeping a great cup of tea simple from anywhere with this unique mug and infuser. This hummingbird mug comes with a stainless steel infuser and lid that can be used as a coaster for the infuser. The delicate design in classic black and white depicts a hummingbird enjoying her morning pick-me-up while you enjoy yours.
Teas to Delight Mom
If your mom is an avid tea drinker or if she just wants to experiment, we offer more than 70 teas including, black tea, green tea, oolong tea, rooibos tea, and a wide variety of herbal and fruit teas. Our teas are imported from expert blenders from around the world and are highly rated by our customers. We have teas that are organic, caffeine-free, gluten-free, and in many different flavor combinations. Here are a few of our best tea suggestions.
- I Do Wedding Tea – The name may say weddings, but this tea is perfect anytime of day and in any season. This premium rooibos from South Africa is blended with almond, cinnamon, and amaretto flavoring to create that classic wedding cake flavor. It is caffeine-free and gluten-free.
- Spring Tea Sampler Jar – If you’re not sure what kind of tea your mother will like, try our Spring Tea Sampler Jar. It is packed with 10 varieties of our customers' favorite teas. The teas come in a decorated, glass mason jar that is aesthetically pleasing and practical for storage. These are the perfect gifts for both tea lovers and novices alike.
My Box of Tea – The My Box of Tea subscription is a way to keep showing the love for months at a time. Each month, we’ll fill Mom’s box with two different Teas for Two (4 cups of tea) of our favorite flavors. In
addition to the tea, each box contains four tasty, perfectly paired honey spoons. Subscribe for 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year. Pay in full at the time of purchase or let us bill your credit or debit card monthly. Before your subscription expires, we will contact you or your recipient to ask if you want to extend or renew it.
Sweet Treats Mom will Love
Maybe you want to buy a book, some tea, or a mug for mom. Elevate your gift with one of our gourmet sweet treats. We have a selection of shortbread cookies and delectable confections sure to satisfy any mother’s sweet tooth.
- Honey Spoons – One of our newest items, these honey spoons are made by the Melville Candy Company and come in ten flavors. Use these to sweeten your tea or other hot beverage or enjoy them like a lollipop. Either was mom will love this whimsical and satisfying treat.
- Maddy’s Sweet Shop Shortbreads – These melt-in-your-mouth gourmet cookies come in lemon, peppermint, butterscotch, Key lime, cinnamon, raspberry, and traditional shortbread flavors. These dainty but flavor-filled cookies are blanketed in powdered sugar and infused with Maddy’s signature candy crunch.
Birdhouse Chocolate Covered Pretzels – If mom is a chocolate lover then this gift is for her. Sweet and salty, chocolate-enveloped pretzels come in whimsical birdhouse packaging. These mini pretzel twists dipped
in dark or white chocolate are made from scratch by the folks at Too Good Gourmet.
Looking for something else? Visit our online store at www.shopmycupoftea.com or in the Memphis area at 3028 Carnes Avenue. You can also call us at 901-614-9769, tell us all about your mom, and let us help you find the perfect gift.
Whether you buy from us or not, remember your mother or the like-a-mother figure in your life on Sunday, May 14th.