Almond-Chai Granola for Breakfast or Snack
Contrary to popular belief, most people aren't looking for the answer to the meaning of life. Most of us just want a healthy snack that's as satisfying as a Twinkie or a favorite chocolate bar.
This recipe for Almond- Chai Granola from Taste of Home might just come close. We've specified our Bluff City Chai in the recipe. Give it a try and let us know if you love it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 Bluff City Chai tea bags
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 250°. Steep tea bags in boiling water 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine oats, almonds and coconut. Discard tea bags; stir remaining ingredients into tea. Pour tea mixture over oat mixture; mix well to coat.
- Spread evenly in a greased 15x10-in. rimmed pan. Bake until golden brown, stirring every 20 minutes, about 1-1/4 hours. Cool completely without stirring; store in an airtight container.